June 23, 2013

Unbelievable! Vaseline as a Makeup Remover!

xfurbeauty vaseline makeup remover photo xfurbeautyvaselinemakeupremover_zpsbaac99dd.png

I've been using Vaseline to remove my BB Cream/Makeup (Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream, I haven't found another BB Cream to try, I'm having a hard time finding the right BB Cream with the right ingredients for my skin). I noticed that BB Creams are harder to remove compared to regular foundation like my Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Liquid Foundation. BB Creams tend to adhere to the skin better. If it's not cleansed off properly, you risk breaking out with acne or bumps. I learned my lesson the first time using Lioele. Now back to makeup removers! In the past 'til now, I've been using Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Organic Grapeseed Oil, Organic Almond Oil, etc. All of the organic, natural oils to remove my makeup. I think I found something better, and it's less expensive! Vaseline! I will not use mineral oil/Vaseline/Pertroleum Jelly (same thing with different names) in my cosmetics or skin care. I will break-out if I do. I know my skin cannot tolerate mineral oil sitting on my skin for long periods of time. I've used creams with mineral oil and ended up with pimples. So, mineral oil is a no-no in makeup and skin care products for my skin type. As a makeup remover, it works! I find it to be less greasy and oily on the skin. I'll gently rub Vaseline in circular motions on my skin to break-up the makeup than use a cotton pad to remove the makeup. After that, wash my face with my usual cleanser. VoilĂ ! Clean, makeup-less skin! Try it!

P.S. I use Vaseline to moisturize my lips all the time. The natural lip balms weren't cutting it!

 ♥ Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment