How I Achieved My Hair Color

Curious about how I achieved my hair color? This is how I did it!

STEP 1: BLEACH IT!

First, I had to bleach my hair. I was going shades down my natural hair color, so it was a must to bleach it. I used L'oreal Quick Blue Powder Bleach. You can purchase all products mentioned here at Sally's Beauty Supply.



L'oreal Quick Blue Powder Bleach

Which developer did I use with the bleach?

I used Clairol Professional Soy 4 Plex Creme 30 Extra Lift.



The right one, gold/white bottle.

STEP 2: TONE IT!

After bleaching, I had to tone my hair to get rid of the brassiness. I used Wella Permanent Liquid Hair Toner in T18 Lightest Ash Blonde. Worked like a charm! Check out my blonde hair HERE <<< Coming soon. :)



Wella Permanent Liquid Hair Toner T18 Lightest Ash Blonde

Which developer did I use with the toner?

I used Ion Sensitive Scalp 20 Volume Developer.



The left one, purple bottle.

STEP 3: COLOR IT!

The next day, I colored my hair with L'oreal Preference Permanent Hair Color in 5.1 Medium Ash Brown. I loved the color. But hey, it faded after 2 (almost 3 weeks now). A friend of mine was like, your hair looks blonde or even amber. LOL. Like I mentioned before, it looks different depending on the lighting. I definitely have to re-do my hair after the roots grow out. These are the last two bottles I purchased. I bought 4 just in case. I'm going to use these up and probably look for another color. I don't mind playing around with other colors. ;)



L'oreal Preference Permanent Hair Color 5.1 Medium Ash Brown

Which developer did I use with the color?

I used Clairol Professional Soy 4 Plex Creme 30 Extra Lift.



The right one, gold/white bottle. Same as the bleach.

Thoughts on Hair Bleaching: I know some people freak out when it comes to bleaching their hair. I was one of them. It's not as bad as people make it out to be unless you're doing it frequently or back-to-back. I would say, go for it!

VERY IMPORTANT: If you're inexperienced, go to a professional to get it done. It's better to safe than sorry. When you do anything to your hair, remember to do deep conditioning treatments weekly & condition your hair daily. My hair still feels healthy and soft. Actually, even better than before. :)

Thank you for reading. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!


Visit me: www.xfurbeauty.com

Comments

  1. how long do you keep them in your hair..and you use loreal bleach and toner right..coz you write also clairol products I confuse if you use all of them or only the first 2 product..thanks thanks thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used L'Oreal bleach. I used Wella toner. Yes, I used Clairol developer with L'Oreal Bleach. I used all of these products to achieve my ash brown hair color.

      - Jen

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. how I can make Loreal 5.1ash brown works?? should I mix it with smth?? or its ready to use??
    2. can I skip bleaching if my hair is light enough??
    thanks you a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      1. You have to mix L'Oreal 5.1 Ash Brown with a developer.
      2. If your hair is light enough, yes, you can skip the bleaching.

      :)

      Delete

Post a Comment