Persa-Gel Acne Medication Store Brands

I learned how to treat acne for a clearer complexion with Benzoyl Peroxide at a young age. This acne medication helps to eliminate bacteria on the skin due to its anti-bacterial properties. It's more effective on inflammatory acne, such as papules (small bumps, no head), pustules (small bumps, with head), nodules (large bumps, sore, underneath the skin), and cysts (large bumps, sore, underneath the skin, with pus). Keep in mind, for some, Benzoyl Peroxide could dry and irritate the skin. Also, Benzoyl Peroxide could possibly bleach clothing. Concentrations between 2.5% to 10% are widely available.

I used the Persa-Gel for a long time and had much success with it! I noticed stores like Target and Walgreen's released their own brand of the Persa-Gel. I purchased both to see if they were similar to the real thing. After using each one, I compared them to the original. Here we go! :)

Purpose:
  • Micronized formula.
  • Releases acne medicine deep into the pores to prevent pimples.
  • Contains the active ingredient Benzoyl Peroxide.
  • The same formula doctors and dermatologists prescribe.
Reviews:



The first Persa-Gel acne medication before store brands (Target, Walgreen's) arrived. The gel went on smoothly, but took a while to absorb and dry on the skin. When I woke up in the morning, I noticed pimples reduced in size. It didn't leave my skin dry or flaky either. The results were clean & clear (like the brand name). This acne medication was an effective acne treatment. It treated and controlled my problem areas so well that it became one of my favorite anti-acne products!



I purchased Up & Up when I was at the very last drop of Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10. The gel was thick and balled up when I first attempted to apply it to my skin. The next night, I layered the gel over my skin again, and it went on perfectly. Also, it didn't ball up. I noticed that this gel would ball up one night and not the next. Weird. Even though Up & Up was not flawless, it was still an effective acne treatment just like Clean & Clear.



I decided to try another store brand of the Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10. The Walgreen's gel was thinner and watery. Since the consistency of the gel was more watery, it absorbed into my skin easier and faster. The effectiveness of the acne medication was similar to the Clean & Clear. It treated my troubled areas without drying out my skin. I ended up favoring the Walgreen's version over Up & Up and Clean & Clear.

Final Thoughts:

Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10, Up & Up Maximum Strength Acne Medication, and Walgreen's Maximum Strength Benzoyl Peroxide Gel --- they were all equally effective for the treatment of acne. The only difference between each brand was the consistency of the gel. All of the acne medications had the active ingredient Benzoyl Peroxide with variations in inactive ingredients. I would highly recommend any of these acne medication products because they all worked to reduce pimples and control acne.

Ingredients:

Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10:
Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (10%).
Inactive Ingredients: Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Hydroxide, Water.

Up & Up Maximum Strength Acne Medication:
Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (10%).
Inactive Ingredients: Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Laureth-4, Sodium Hydroxide, Water (Ingredient list was typed up by xfurbeauty).

Walgreen's Maximum Strength Benzoyl Peroxide Gel:
Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (10%).
Inactive Ingredients: Water, Laureth-4, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA


Visit me: www.xfurbeauty.com


Comments

  1. thanks for the review on 3 diff brands of bp. Im currently using the up and up one and its drys out my skin alot. what moisurizer are you using afterwards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! I use Neutrogena Visibly Even Daily Moisturizer SPF 30 in the morning, but I'm not using a moisturizer at night. I haven't found a good one yet for nighttime use.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment