Niacinamide in Skin Care

When I was searching for a gentle ingredient to add to my skin care routine, I found Niacinamide (also known as Vitamin B3). I knew that Niacinamide had many skin care benefits including the reduction of wrinkles and fine lines. But also, redness and discolorations. Other benefits of Niacinamide are collagen stimulation and anti-inflammatory properties. With scar reduction abilities, Niacinamide can help to reduce post acne marks. Here are some skin care products with Niacinamide to correct skin discolorations and make skin look younger.

Olay Regenerist Regenerating Fragrance-Free Serum

Olay Regenerist Regenerating Fragrance-Free Serum

Purpose:

Directly from the packaging, here are a few statements from Olay Regenerist Fragrance-Free Serum:
“regeneration + velvety-smooth feel
concentrated amino-peptide + B3 complex”
“Regenerist Regenerating Serum Fragrance-Free uses highly concentrated form of our amino-peptide + B3 complex combined with Olay moisture. It visibly regenerates skin’s appearance and leaves the skin feeling velvety-smooth. This gentle, dermatologist-tested formula is 100% fragrance and color-free. Suitable for everyday use for normal, dry and combination skin.
The results? Hydrates for firmer, visibly lifted, younger looking skin without drastic measures. Instantly the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles is softened and skin’s texture is improved. Over time your skin will be visibly firmer and more elastic.”

My Thoughts:

Olay Regenerist Regenerating Fragrance-Free Serum was transparent and white. It felt soft, smooth, and silky when I rubbed it between my fingers. When I applied the serum to my skin, my face was silky-smooth. The serum did leave my skin velvety-smooth as promised. For wrinkles and fine lines, they were temporarily softened (same with skin texture). It did add moisture and slightly made my skin appear firmer (not lifted or younger), but it did not reveal new skin or regenerate the skin.
I continued to use this serum for several reasons. It provided a good amount of moisture along with beneficial ingredients for the skin. Niacinamide and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide 3 with Green Tea and Vitamin E. Palmitoyl Pentapeptide 3 (an Amino Peptide) is known to be a beneficial anti-aging ingredient in skin care. Amino Peptides help to increase collagen production while reducing wrinkles and fine lines for a more youthful appearance. They are known to heal wounds too.

Pond’s Clarant B3 Anti-Dark Spots Moisturizer

Pond’s Clarant B3 Anti-Dark Spots Moisturizer:

Purpose:

The purpose of Pond's Clarant B3 Anti-Dark Spots Moisturizer was to even the skin tone in 2 weeks and reduce the appearance of dark spots in 4 weeks.
  • For normal to oily skin
  • Dermatologist tested
  • Hypo-allergenic
  • Won't clog pores

Review:

When I first laid my eyes upon Pond's Clarant B3 Anti-Dark Spots Moisturizer, I noticed it came in an aesthetically pleasing light pink jar. The cream was white, lightweight, fluffy, and soft. It smoothed over my skin and absorbed easily into my skin. It didn't leave my skin greasy or oily. It left my skin matte. The smell of the cream was rather sweet. After 2 weeks, I didn't see major results. I kept applying the cream day and night until 4 weeks went by. My skin was slightly more even. After 4 weeks, I continued using the cream for months. It eventually clogged my pores. I don't recommended this moisturizer for acne prone skin due to comedogenic ingredients.

Other skin care products with the ingredient Niacinamide: Paula's Choice Resist Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator.

Ingredients:

Olay Regenerist Fragrance-Free SerumCyclopentasiloxane, Water, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide 3 (Amino Peptide), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) (Vitamin E), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (Green Tea), Allantoin (Comfrey Root), Cetyl Ricinoleate, Bis PEG/PPG 14/14 Dimethicone, PEG 10 Dimethicone, PEG 100 Stearate, PEG 10 Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Metabisulfite, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol.

Pond’s Clarant B3 Anti-Dark Spots Moisturizer: Water, Myristic Acid, Stearic Acid, Niacinamide, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Tapioca Starch, Triethanolamine, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Carbomer, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate.


Visit me: www.xfurbeauty.com

Comments